Renovation Goals for 2017January 11, 2017
Last Call for Wood-Mode ‘Pick-a-Premium’ SaleJanuary 25, 2017
Are you ready for some football, Houston? Super Bowl LI in Houston is almost here! If you’re getting ready for game day (that’s Sunday, February 5, in case you were wondering), here are a few handy things for you to know.
Super Bowl LI: Resources
It’s exciting to be hosting the 2017 Super Bowl, but with hosting comes tourists and big crowds, so don’t forget that the area around NRG Park & Stadium is probably going to be a little busier than usual that weekend. If you’re attending the game, check the NRG website for information on parking, seating, and more.
Attending the game? Don’t forget to check out the official Houston Super Bowl website to see a calendar of official events, connect with the Super Bowl on social media, volunteer opportunities, and even a cool guide to Houston for visitors.
If spending $4000-plus per ticket to attend the Super Bowl isn’t in the budget this year you can still enjoy a host of (more affordable) Super Bowl-themed events and activities around town:
- The NFL Experience at George R. Brown Convention Center
- Super Bowl Live! at Discovery Green
- Texas Tailgate Super Bowl Party at Crowne Plaza
- In it to Win It at the Children’s Museum of Houston
- The Players Party at Sam Houston Race Park
From Leather & Laces at Hughes Manor to a mixer at the Crystal Ballroom, a quick search of Houston Super Bowl watch parties shows dozens of results! Hosting your own party? Here are some ideas to get you started on Super Bowl menu planning:
- This recipe for stuffed okra from Edible Houston would make a great appetizer;
- From pizzas to dips, the Houston Chronicle has a round-up of 21 recipes to get you Super Bowl-ready;
- Enjoy game day snacks and hang on to that healthy 2017 resolution with these healthy Super Bowl recipes from Houston Family Magazine.