Holiday Entertaining: Tips for Cooking for a CrowdDecember 10, 2014
Cabinets & Designs’ “Christmas Break”: Merry Movies for Your Holidays!December 24, 2014
If you enjoyed our November post about where to eat in Houston on Thanksgiving, you may want to bookmark this week’s blog on where to eat in Houston on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day—including some amazing take-out options! Maybe your kitchen is currently under construction, or maybe you just need a break from hosting this year; either way, some of Houston’s finest restaurants are serving delicious Christmas meals—let’s take a look.
- Backstreet Café: Backstreet Café is offering a Holiday Take-Away menu that includes platters of customer favorites (such as Cauliflower au Gratin, Wild Mushroom Soup, and Apple Crisp). Orders must be placed by Monday, December 22, and will be ready for pick-up (along with re-heating instructions) on Christmas Eve (December 24).
- Hugo’s: Backstreet Café’s sister restaruant Hugo’s is also offering platters of customer favorites for Christmas Eve take-out/pick-up. Orders must be placed by Monday, December 22, and will be ready for pickup on Christmas Eve (December 24).
- Sparrow Bar + Cookshop: Chef Monica Pope’s Sparrow Bar + Cookshop (formerly t’afia) is offering a “simple-to-serve” take-away menu of hors d’oeuvres and holiday meals. Some of the featured dishes include a celery root/potato gratin, cornbread stuffing, and spiced pumpkin cheesecake. Christmas orders must be placed by Sunday, December 21, at 5 p.m. The menu is available through December 31, with four day lead time required for orders.
- Katz’s Deli: Download Katz’s Deli online holiday menu to start planning your Christmas meal. A full catering menu is available, and a corporate package is available as well. There is a minimum of ten on all packages, and chaffers are available upon request.
If you’d like to dine out on Christmas Eve, several restaurants are serving up something special for the holidays. In addition to their take-out menu, Backstreet Café is serving a Christmas Eve dinner on December 24 between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. The four-course menu is $52 per person (plus beverage, tax, and gratuity) and includes complimentary eggnog.
If you’re looking for something to do with the kids, check out the Breakfast with Santa Buffet at the Downtown Aquarium held December 20-24, 2014. Reservations are required, call 713-315-5112 for more information and to reserve your spot.
On the northwest side of town Rainbow Lodge is serving dinner on Christmas Eve starting at 5 p.m. Rainbow Lodge is also offering a holiday to-go menu; 24-hour notice is required, call 713-861-8666 or email email@example.com to order.
Is going to the movies a Christmas Day tradition in your family? Add on brunch or dinner at one of these restaurants serving on Christmas Day in Houston:
- Christmas Day Brunch at Quattro at the Four Seasons: Quattro has Christmas covered! In addition to serving Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Dinner, they are also serving their famous Christmas Day Brunch once again; $89 for adults, $39 for kids 6-12 years.
- Christmas Champagne Brunch at The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center: The Christmas Champagne Brunch at The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center is taking reservations for seatings on Christmas Day from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. $57 for adults, $25 for kids 6-12, $17 for kids 2-5; kids under 2 free. Call 281-364-6292 for reservations and more information.
- Buca di Beppo: Enjoy an Italian feast on Christmas Day from Buca di Beppo with dine-in or take-out holiday menus; delivery is available for take-out dining. Visit Buca di Beppo’s holiday menu page, or call 877-955-2822 for reservations and more information.
Merry Christmas, and “season’s eatings” to all of you from the Cabinets & Designs family!