GHBA Charity Work DayMay 8, 2019
Happy Father’s Day (new kitchen or office or hobby or dad space just for dad)May 22, 2019
It’s that time of year again—it’s time to talk about renovation timelines! If you want that dream kitchen by Thanksgiving or New Year, you have to act fast; the kitchen renovation process takes approximately 18-20 weeks, which means you need to start by…well, now!
Week One: Planning
It’s time to make a list and check it twice. What features are must-haves? Are you keeping any appliances? Do you have a few “dream features” you hope to include if you can afford them? This is what the planning phase is for, so gather the cooks in the kitchen and start brainstorming. Don’t forget to set a clear budget, and secure financing if you require a loan.
Weeks 2-5: Kitchen Designer
You have a list of needs, preferences, and questions about your new kitchen–now it’s time to meet with a kitchen designer who can help you build and execute your vision. Your kitchen designer will want to hear about your lifestyle to help you create a beautiful, efficient kitchen that works for the whole family. During this period you will choose finishes and materials, interview contractors, and secure necessary permits.
Weeks 6-11: Prep for Renovation
The cabinetry has been ordered, and so has the countertop, your appliances, the flooring, and all kinds of other materials. You are exhausted from making decisions, but you’re not done yet—it’s time to pack! The construction crew is coming so before they arrive:
- Sort items into “keep,” “donate,” and “trash” bins;
- Designate a temporary kitchen area (microwave, a sink, pantry items, etc.)
- Refrigerator—keep or donate?
Weeks 12-18: Demolition and Installation
Demolition usually takes about one week, and the whole process through installation can take approximately four to six weeks. Many factors affect the length of this portion of the timeline including project size, incidental issues (e.g. backorders), and types of materials used.
Unpack and Get Cooking
Once the installation is complete you can unpack your boxes into beautiful new custom cabinetry and begin using your dream kitchen. If you act fast you can have your new kitchen by the holidays and potentially enjoy big savings when you shop our limited-time promotions on Wood-Mode or Brookhaven cabinets:
- The Brookhaven “Essentials” program ends June 28, 2019. Enjoy a generous 20% discount on select styles of cabinetry from Brookhaven I & Brookhaven II.
- The Wood-Mode “Pick-2” Promotion is back through June 15, 2019. To save on select styles of Wood-Mode custom cabinetry choose from eligible groups (#42 & #84) and receive 100 percent off the first premium and 50 percent off the second premium door style, finish, or wood species.