KBIS Trend Report—ColorJanuary 17, 2018
KBIS Trend Report—Smart Appliances & High-Tech HomesJanuary 31, 2018
Our trip to KBIS 2018 filled the Cabinets & Designs team with inspiration! We couldn’t wait to bring these ideas home, and into your home. What’s your favorite renovation trend in 2018? Today we’ll be talking about one of our favorite emerging trends of the year—beautiful new finishes for both kitchen and bath.
High Shine vs. Matte
In the kitchen, it’s a tale of two finishes when it comes to appliances in 2018: high-lacquer shine (often in bright, primary colors) or new matte finishes that hide streaks and fingerprints. Last week we talked about hammered copper sinks; these hammered and/or textured finishes are another hot trend for 2018.
Natural finishes provide visual texture, which can be integrated in your kitchen bath design in many ways. When we were at KBIS a few examples of beautiful texture jumped out at us:
- Our friends at Wood-Mode are always updating their cabinetry options in terms of wood species, colors, styles, finishes, and distressing to give you a beautiful, custom look.
- Natural & woven fibers in everything from throw pillows to lampshades to area rugs. Baskets are another great option—beautiful, and functional.
- Although they can get expensive, textured wallpapers are another 2018 trend.
- Stonework brings natural elements into your kitchen or bathroom, marrying indoors and out, and giving a ‘spa-like’ feel.
- Mixing metal colors & finishes, even in the same kitchen or bathroom.
Vintage and Statement Lighting
When it comes to eye-catching finishes, nothing sets off a room more than the perfect light fixture. Statement fixtures for kitchens are nothing new, but in 2018 the focus is on vintage pieces or pieces created by local lighting artisans. You could design an entire kitchen around the right vintage or artisan light fixture!
Call Cabinets & Designs at 713-627-8970 to make an appointment to work with one of our talented kitchen designers. Don’t forget to stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Houzz!