Five Things Your Kitchen Designer LovesOctober 25, 2017
Thanksgiving Dinner in HoustonNovember 8, 2017
November is here which means we are in it for the long haul—we have about eight weeks of holiday parties and events ahead of us, Houston, are you ready?
Survey Your Appliances
When you’re cooking for a crowd, you need oven space and enough burners to keep the side dishes coming, not to mention plenty of refrigerator and freezer space. You also have beverage cooling and ice making to consider. Maybe it’s time to upgrade the oven (perhaps that new Wolf convection oven you’ve had your eye on), or finally install that wine refrigerator.
There is no time for a full kitchen renovation now, but you can do a quick spruce-up before the relatives arrive! Fast-and-easy fixes to freshen up the kitchen include:
- New paint
- Updated hardware (drawer pulls and knobs)
- New curtains/window treatments
- Updated lighting/light fixtures
- Add open shelving to display cookbooks
Keep in mind that holiday cooking requires having more of everything on hand, from baking supplies to fresh produce so think about small changes you can make now to improve storage and efficiency and bigger, more permanent changes you can make after the holidays, such as:
- Updated kitchen cabinetry with more pantry space
- A new refrigerator and/or refrigeration drawers near prep stations
- A more powerful oven/range combination
- Installing a butler’s pantry or wet bar for entertaining
- Creating a custom piece of furniture using freestanding cabinetry
Stop in to Cabinets & Designs, or call us at 713-627-8970 to make an appointment to work with one of our talented kitchen designers. Don’t forget to stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Houzz!