Benefits of Entertainment CentersFebruary 8, 2017
Trends on Display: Wood-Mode Tiffany + Whitney Door Styles Showroom KitchenFebruary 22, 2017
Earlier this month we wrote about the best products at KBIS 2017, which was by no means an exhaustive list of the great ideas presented at this year’s show. It’s still early in the year, but several new trends and consumer preferences are emerging in 2017.
The Pantone color of the year is ‘Greenery’, which Kitchen & Bath Business magazine calls a “fresh and zesty” shade of yellow-green. Consumers are looking toward “environmental colors”—from neutrals to bolder hues—in an effort to bring the outdoors, in.
Although neutrals like white and gray remain popular, homeowners are starting to mix them up with deeper, richer shades for greater contrast.
For most homeowners a kitchen full of ‘smart’ appliances is not the norm—yet. That being said, homeowners are upgrading and modernizing spaces with technology through Wi-Fi enabled electronics and home appliances. For example:
- In the Kitchen: In addition to smart appliances like refrigerators, kitchens can benefit from high-tech lighting/charging solutions as well as safety features such as fire and carbon monoxide alarms.
- In the Bathroom: From Wi-Fi enabled showerheads to hands-free toilets, the popularity of bathroom tech is twofold—it adds convenience and ambiance, as well as enhanced safety for aging-in-place.
And speaking of aging-in-place…
In the January issue of Kitchen & Bath Business magazine, the concept of well-being is broken down into two categories: physical and mental health and well-being. Often when we discuss universal design we talk about products designed to help maintain quality of living as residents age in their homes, or when people of varying ages and ability are living in a shared space. Well-being goes beyond that, the article states, and should include features which enhance mental health as well; for example:
- Exposure to natural light
- Sounds like crackling fires or water
- Access to outdoor spaces like courtyards
Have you visited our new showroom at The Shoppes at Memorial Villages? Stop in and say hello! Don’t forget to stay connected with Cabinets & Designs on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Houzz!