Entertainment Spaces: Get Super Bowl Ready with Wood-ModeNovember 2, 2016
Wood-Mode ‘Pick-a-Premium’ Sale Extended!November 16, 2016
Thanksgiving is almost here, and Houston is full of fun activities for the whole family! Many of your favorite restaurants are serving Thanksgiving dinner, and there are a lot of fun things to do with the kids throughout Thanksgiving week—let’s take a look at where to go and what to do in Houston!
Where to Dine
If you aren’t cooking for a crowd and would rather let someone else do the work, why not go out for Thanksgiving dinner? Some of Houston’s best restaurants are open on Thanksgiving.
- Brennan’s Houston will serve their annual Thanksgiving dinner again this year. The three-course menu is $60 per person, including appetizer, entrée, and salad; view the full menu online.
- Rainbow Lodge is also serving their annual Thanksgiving dinner, and you can view their menu online as well. Three courses for $58 per person, and Rainbow Lodge is also offering $5 “Late Night Snack Packs” to-go, so you can have a leftover sandwich the next day!
- Quattro at Four Seasons Hotel is hosting an annual Thanksgiving buffet from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. View the full menu here; $95 per person/$42 for children 5-12. Quattro is also offering a “Thanksgiving to Go” menu for 8-10 people for $385.
How to Help
Are you interested in volunteering, or making a donation this Thanksgiving? Here are some local organizations that could use your help!
- Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston administers the city’s Meals on Wheels and aniMeals on Wheels programs. Learn how you can donate, or volunteer to help.
- Houston Food Bank does wonderful work all year, but visit their website to learn how you can help during the Thanksgiving and holiday season.
- Check in with Volunteer Houston to find opportunities to volunteer this Thanksgiving, and year-round.
Where to Go
If you want to have some fun over the Thanksgiving holiday, we suggest one of these local activities in Houston:
- The Children’s Museum of Houston is hosting The Great Gobbler WonderWeek, November 17-27, including a “Thanksgiving with Santa” event on Saturday, November 26.
- The annual HEB Thanksgiving Day Parade returns this year, and includes parade marshals Simone Biles and Simone Manuel.
- Make time for the 31st Annual Uptown Houston Holiday Lighting event on Thanksgiving night. Visit Post Oak Boulevard on November 24, for the free family event that includes music and an appearance by Santa.