Several weeks ago, we took you on a virtual tour of our Cosentino product line, via an interview with Lorenzo Marques, VP of Marketing for the Cosentino company. During his interview Lorenzo shared everything from his own inspiration to market trends and new product developments, including the ECO by Cosentino line of environmentally-friendly surfaces. ECO surfaces are made of 75% recycled content composed of post-industrial or post-consumer materials, and bound by environmentally friendly resin derived in part from corn resin.
More and more homeowners are seeking out “green” solutions for their home renovation needs. ECO by Cosentino is heeding that call through innovation.
What makes ECO by Cosentino “environmentally friendly”?
What do these keywords “environmentally friendly” and “green” mean when used in reference to ECO by Cosentino? Here are some facts:
• ECO by Cosentino reuses materials which have reached the end of their life cycle; these materials are comprised mostly of porcelain, glass, mirror, stone scraps and corn.
• Materials used by ECO by Cosentino are post-consumer and post-industrial waste.
• Producing ECO by Cosentino results in the salvation of tons of raw materials, as well as a reduction in new mining. (ex. 3000 bottles=1 Tn of raw materials) ECO by Cosentino estimates that they recycle 65 million glass bottles each year—bottles that would otherwise end up in a landfill.
• Materials like post-consumer waste, or post-industrial ceramic, have no other uses. ECO by Cosentino takesthese materials and creates a new life for them—a life that would otherwise be relegated to landfill waste.
• ECO by Cosentino also utilizes environmentally friendly manufacturing processes. In manufacturing ECO by Cosentino, 94% of the water used is recycled. Further, all of the minerals used during production of ECO by Cosentino that come from quarries that are fully restored under strict stewardship programs. They use strictly controlled manufacturing processes to avoid harmful emissions.
What makes ECO by Cosentino a great product?
ECO by Cosentino offers sustainability and delivers incredible performance—after all, you want a product that you can feel good about, but also one that is high in quality. ECO by Cosentino products deliver both:
• High performance against staining, scratching, and scorching
• Non-porous, and does not require sealers
• Backed by a 10-year limited warranty
• Building teams can earn points toward LEED Certification for projects using ECO by Cosentino
• Available in 10 designer colors in polished texture
• GreenGuard, NSF and Cradle-to-Cradle Certifications
• Available in 63”x128” slab and standard size tiles
ECO by Cosentino: The Green Collection and The Revive Collection
ECO by Cosentino offers two collections to choose from: the Green and the Revive Collections. The Green Collection is composed of colors containing 75% post-industrial recycled raw materials while the Revive Collection is composed of 75% post-consumer recycled raw materials.
The Green Collection
• Colors Polar Cap, Crystal Ash, and Starlight are made mainly from recycled mirror.
• Colors Luna and Crystal Sand are composed mainly of recycled glass and porcelain.
• Color Black Forest is composed mainly of recycled glass and quarried stone.
The Revival Collection
• Colors Terra, Riverbed, and Iron Ore are mainly composed of recycled glass, mirrors and industrial furnace residuals.
• Color White Diamond is composed mainly of recycled glass.
We are thrilled to have the opportunity to offer our clients these innovative and environmentally friendly products from ECO by Cosentino. Please stop into our Cabinets and Designs showroom today to learn more about how to add beauty and sustainability to your next home renovation project.