With Halloween just around the corner, the holiday season will be here before you know it! If it’s your turn to host Thanksgiving or your family holiday party, it’s time to assess the state of your kitchen. There is still time to make a few updates before your guests arrive!
Update Your Appliances
When cooking for a crowd you need enough oven and burner space to keep the side dishes coming, not to mention plenty of refrigerator and freezer space for storing ingredients and leftovers. And then there’s a matter of beverages: wine storage, beverage cooling and ice making can all be improved with the addition of small appliances like a wine refrigerator or ice maker.
In addition to upgrading your oven or range, you might consider the addition of warming drawers. Warming drawers can be installed in existing cabinetry, and allow you to proof baked good and keep side-dishes warm for hours. You can even use warming drawers to warm dishes and towels.
Improved Storage Solutions
Holiday cooking requires keeping more of everything on hand, from baking supplies to fresh produce so think about simple changes you can make now to improve storage and efficiency. Later you can make more permanent changes, such as:
- Update kitchen cabinetry to gain pantry space
- A new refrigerator and/or refrigeration drawers near food preparation stations
- A more powerful oven/range combination—don’t forget the hood!
- A butler’s pantry or wet bar for entertaining
- Using freestanding cabinetry to create a custom piece of furniture
When there is no time for a full kitchen renovation but you can do a quick spruce-up before the relatives arrive, here are some fast-and-easy fixes to freshen up the kitchen:
- Fresh paint
- Updated hardware (drawer pulls and knobs)
- New curtains/window treatments
- Updated lighting/light fixtures
- Open shelving to display favorite pottery or cookbooks
Call 713-627-8970 to make an appointment with us! Don’t forget to stay connected with Cabinets & Designs on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Houzz